The 2017 South Omaha Awards Banquet will be held on June 1, 2017 at the Lauritzen Gardens. This annual banquet represents our primary fundraising activity for the year and provides critical resources for SONA the organization to:
- Mitigate the 2012 closing of the Neighborhood Center by providing a leadership role in training, information and support services that were once provided by the Center.
- Promote graffiti abatement projects consistent with the City of Omaha’s Blueprint for Success in fighting graffiti.
- Convene major South Omaha businesses and employers to help resolve environmental issues through the work of the South Omaha Environmental Task Force.
- Institute a small capacity-building grants program for neighborhood associations and innovative projects.
- Continue a scholarship program for outstanding South Omaha high school seniors.